Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Djinn, Talkin' About My Djinn

From Blogger Pictures

Another thing that I have noticed while I am watching “Wishmaster,” Andrew Divoff does an amazing job playing the Djinn demon and I think that the whole take up on the magic genie genre was pretty interesting to see it reversed. I think that what I really enjoyed about this movie was how the Djinn tries to fit in out society and how his language evolves over the century.

For example: “If you can’t beat ‘em, burn them… baby.” Only a Djinn would say that.

And only Andrew could pull off such a character and even when he is in his human form he has that smile and that look that just send shivers down your spine. It’s great to see him in the 2 “Wishmasters” and even in the “Indiana Jones” movie but I really wish that he would be in more movies.

The Djinn is one of those characters that should have been recognized because he is a funny, wicked guy… the scene where the policeman orders him to walk away and he has to even though he needs to get in. I think when the Djinn says “do you know what it feels like to be told what to do based on wishes” pretty much sums this guy up. He is not just any kind of Djinn… he is my Djinn. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment