Monday, June 15, 2009

Try As I Might, It'll Always be a Fright

“Leprechaun” is probably one of my favorite horror movies as a kid and maybe someday I will do a full out review of it but this post is to talk about something that has always freaked me out about this movie… and it still does. I hope that I am not the only one that thinks this way but it always freaked me out when he rhymed. It’s like he always knew what word rhymed with what and he always said it in that scary ass fairy book talk. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Try as they will, and try as the might, who steals me gold won’t live through the night.”

“This old Lep, he played one. He played pogo on his lung.”

“Curse this well that me soul shall dwell, till I find me magic that breaks me spell.”

That always freaked me out and I don’t know why. Only Warwick Davis could pull off a role like this but what made the movie bearable for me, back then, and what took my mind off of things was the fact that the leprechaun would stop his killing spree to shine shoes. That scene was always funny.

A review will be coming shortly for this movie. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment