Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Music Box Massacre 5


I finally am able to do a nice long post about my time at the Music Box Massacre 5. To start off, it was really fun and I met a lot of cool people. We got there just before it started and the lineup for this years Massacre was as followed: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Isle of the Dead, Bucket of Blood, The Brood, Re-Animator, From Beyond, Pontypool, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Blood Feast, Maximum Overdrive and Carrie.

For the most part, I enjoyed it and I had lots of fun although because of some seating difficulties we were unable to see The Brood, which was fine because I had already saw it and we missed out on Stuart Gordon reading Edgar Allen Poe and we missed the Poe movie too. Instead, my buddy and I ended up going out to eat before the long night ahead of us. On our arrival back, I was about to buy a $15 original 80s poster for The Blob, but held out and a good thing too.

 Pontypool had to have been one of the best movies I saw there and I know everybody laughed when they saw the made for TV show Dark Night of the Scarecrow because of it’s cheesiness and bad acting, but in all honesty, it was pretty creepy and it had a creepy atmosphere to it. I don’t know why people hated it.

 

Left to right: J.D. Feigelson, Me.

Near the end, the seats were becoming uncomfortable and people began leaving, the pussies that only came for half of the show. Well, during the break between Blood Feast and Maximum Overdrive my buddy and I went out to an alley and burned a film trailer for Michael Moore’s Capitalism: A Love Story movie. Because it was really early in the morning I slept right through Maximum Overdrive and watched Carrie in full. And when everything was over, they had us crowd the street to take a picture of the ‘survivors’ of the Music Box Massacre.


This is what we think of Moore's new film.

I think the highlight of that night would be my story: I was walking down the isle and some fat, bearded guy was walking behind me pretty close, so I said under my breath, “fat bearded geezer.” He heard me and muttered, “watch your manners.” Turns out I called Stuart Gordon a bearded geezer. No autograph for me.

 

Left to right: Art Hindle, Me. 

I had a great time and I will be definitely coming back next year. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment