Thursday, October 15, 2009

31 Days of Halloween - Day 16: My Horror DVD Collection

So for this time around… I am going to share with you my personal horror DVD collection. It took a couple of years to get these and now that I am looking back on them, I am not that impressed. In fact, there have been many times where I ask myself “Why do I have this, but not that?” And yes, for being a person that is obsessed with horror… I have a lot of shitty movies and I do not have that many really good horror movies. That’s because I don’t have the money… most of these DVDs were given to me as presents or for free.

The organization method I have is as follows: I categorize the DVDs by their distributor, then which ever distributor has the most gets top billing... which, is why 20th Century is first. Then, if I have a bunch of distributors that only have one DVD, then I just organize them alphabetically.


This came in a box set.


I NEED to get all the seasons of The X-Files


The pair of Evil Dead movies are falling apart.


The first two MoH were signed.


Found the Saw movies in a $5 bin.


Proud of Cloverfield, not Ghosts of Mars.


Cujo, Langoliers, The Stand and Thinner was a box set.


Yeah, I have Dreamcatcher.. what of it?

The Stephen King box set that I mentioned above was my first bunch of DVDs. They were the beginning of this collection. 

Once I start getting a good amount of cash, I will make it my destiny to get a lot more horror movies that are actually worth the money. But, this has been a great chance for me to reflect on what I own and what I need to buy… I love expanding my collection and I think because of this post, I feel a little more inspired to buy those DVDs.

Make sure to check out Day 17 of our 31 Days of Halloween over at Deadly Movies.

3 comments:

The Horror Press said...

Love the collection! most of mine is on video lol I have to update it cuz i no longer have a vcr. I have dreamcatcher too lol but where's The Shining?

Mr. Johnny Sandman said...

Hahaha!!!! I just bought that from Amazon!!

Jessica said...

As a horror movie expert, what do you think of my collection?

American psycho, the lost boys, rob zombie's halloween, land of the dead, night of the living dead, night of the living dead (1991), dawn of the dead, saw, saw 1-4, the hitcher (2007), house of wax (2005), the faculty, planet terror, death proof, cursed, alien, dracula (1992), jaws, phantom of the opera, an american werewolf in london, the texas chainsaw massacre (2002?), it, resident evil 1-3 , demon knight, bordello of blood, red dragon, king kong (2005), from dusk till dawn, 28 days later, deep blue sea, disturbia, final destination 2 & 3, frailty, what lies beneath, signs, rose red, jurassic park 1- 3, underworld, underworld revolutions, tremors 1- 4, sleepy hollow (plus almost every other tim burton movie), secret window.
I think I got them all, but I might have missed a few.
And what do you recommend I add to it?

Post a Comment