Wednesday, October 14, 2009

31 Days of Halloween - Day 14: Halloween 2009


For today’s post of 31 Days of Halloween would have been a one of my video reviews of John Carpenter’s The Thing, however, in light of some events that have come up I was unable to use any kind of video capture program and editing program. Instead, I got a CD in the mail by Glenn Heyser… his personal compilation of Halloween themed songs including a little extra. I popped this CD right into my computer and I gave it a listen and here is what I have to say: WOW!!!!

That’s right, WOW!! The music ranged from 80’s rock, to new horror punk and even soundtracks. Personally, my favorite tracks were as follows:

Backseat of My Hears – Calabrese

Pet Sematary – The Ramones

Trick or Treat – Groovie Ghoulies

Night In The Lonesome October – Calabrese

Do The Bat – Groovie Ghoulies

Papa Jupe – The Meteors

But there was one thing about this compilation that I really enjoyed, aside from The Munsters theme… and that was the radio spots of some famous horror movies such as Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dawn of the Dead, Zombie, Astro Zombies and The Hills Have Eyes. In between each song and radio spot there is a sound effect to give the impression that you are listening to an old radio and you’re switching between channels… I LOVE THAT!! It’s so nostalgic

Overall, I love this CD and if you want one you can contact Glenn here

Make sure you check out Day 15 of our 31 Days of Halloween over at Deadly Movies

1 comments:

NoWhere MaN said...

Thanks so much for the great review! So glad you enjoy it!

I do want to thank my friend Jerry Branch for putting the artwork for the cover together. The cd cover wouldn't be possible without his help.

Post a Comment