Monday, December 28, 2009

The Worst of Blockbuster Horror Movies

Today’s post is something that I am trying out and something that I always wanted to do for a long time. Back when I started watching diverse horror movies I would always go to Blockbuster or Hollywood Video for my horror fix. I decided to do a list of all the bad horror movies that I saw from Blockbuster that I never even heard of until I saw the cover. This is the worse horror movies that Blockbuster had.



1995
  • Leprechaun 3 – At first I liked this movie until I realized that they had turned a good dark horror comedy into just a mockery. Truly tasteless.
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation – This was a movie that was a disappointment to the TCM franchise and some of the most stupidest things in it.
  • The Mangler – Atmospherically, this movie is amazing but the plot is very off and the special effects were awful near the end.


1996

  • Leprechaun 4: In Space – I watched 20 minutes of this when I was 8 and I turned it off because they took the mockery one step further.
  • Killer Tongue – Accompanied with a bad plot, bad effects and really bad humor, what did this movie in, ultimately, was the dialogue.
  • Head of the Family – I would not consider this horror at all because it was so long and drawn out and the movie had way too much sex in it.
  • Pinocchio’s Revenge – This movie was cheap, deplorable and it wasn't even excited to keep my attention.


1997

  • Uncle Sam – This could have been a really good movie but instead it turned into a reall bad, unappealing, messy, laughable movie.
  • An American Werewolf in Paris – A good example of taking a good film and making a shitty sequel with shitty CGI, a shitty plot and a shitty cast.


1998

  • Halloween: H2O – I found this movie suprisingly boring and not anywhere near as atmospheric as the original.
  • Carnival of Souls – Bad acting, bad plot, bad scares and really shitty sex makes this movie unbearable.
  • From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money – This film was a disaster because it lacks the two-in-one feel as the original and witty dialogue of QT.
  • Strangeland – What could have been a really good movie turned out to be a really bad and really tasteless film.
  • Sometimes They Come Back… For More – I don’t know how they made a remake to a really mediocre movie in the first place but it wasn’t scary and really stupid.



1999

  • Komodo – With bad CGI, bad acting a really shitty forced plot, this film was hard to watch all the way through.
  • From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman’s Daughter – See 1998.
  • Believe – Honestly, this film was boring, I t was going by so slow and there was hardly any kind of shock value to it.
  • Camp Blood – All I did while watching this movie was laugh my ass off and notice that it was a ripoff off of Friday the 13th and The Burning.

Well, there it is… some truly bad films that I rented out of Blockbuster, but there were some good films that I rented. In fact, there were more good videos that I rented then there were bad films and that will be my next list.

Note: The poster above each year is the worse Blockbuster movie of that year.

6 comments:

DM said...

Oh, The Mangler wasn't all that bad. I mean it's all bad, and all, but not nearly in the same class as Camp Blood, which should be killed with fire and sent to hell.

Andre Dumas said...

Oh Jeez I had no idea Wes Craven redid Carnival of Souls! I may have to watch it just to do a funny post on the horridness.

William Malmborg said...

Several of these movies got me too and left me shaking my head, especially if it seemed like they had potential to be good, but still ended up bad. The weird thing is, as bad as the movies were, watching them was fun and I still sometimes envy those cold winter nights when my parents would be out of town on a cruise or something and my little brother and I would stay up all night watching four or five of these horrible Blockbuster flicks back to back. It was great.

The Mike said...

Nice post, though I do love Leprechaun in Space. The Carnival of Souls remake is especially terrible, a friend and I used to rate movies "on a scale of Carnival of Souls to 10".

the jaded viewer said...

I saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Next Gen in the theater! Zellweger was ugly back then too.

B-Sol said...

So many cheesy horror flicks were discovered by me on those Blockbuster shelves...And even better, at the mom & pop vid stores that Blockbuster put out of business!
And Divey, The Mangler WAS that bad LOL

Post a Comment