Sunday, December 6, 2009

Terror in the Aisles 3

Tonight, or should I say this morning was this years last Terror in the Aisles and it was pretty damn good. The original lineup for this time around was Night of the Creeps, The Blair Witch Project and [REC] 2… but because of some trouble, they couldn’t screen [REC] 2 and instead played Black Christmas. This made a lot of people not show up to the Portage and blow off Black Christmas. Honestly, I don’t know why they would do that because Black Christmas is a good slasher movie and one of the best out there. Anyway, I also want to point out that I did not have my camera so I only have pictures of the signatures.


Eduard Sanchez’s signature.

Upon walking in, I was greeted by “Santa” and received a little leprechaun figurine and a pack of “So You Think You Can Dance?” playing cards. Fred Dekker and Eduardo Sanchez were there as guests and I had Fred sign my DVD copy of Night of the Creeps and I had Eduardo sign a promo slip for Holiday of Horrors. Fred was really nice and really laid back… I wanted to talk to him more about Night of the Creeps but I had to restrain my geekiness. Eduardo was really thrilled and kept talking on and on, probably because he was so excited, but he was a nice guy and we shook hands. He told us the story about the strange woman the group interviews in the beginning of Blair Witch and how she died recently (R.I.P.) and how her daughter tried to sue. I even got to call him Wolverine because of his muttonchops.

Now, let’s get to the movies.

Night of the Creeps: Well, if you want my opinion… you can read it right here.

Treevenge: This was a fun movie that really captured that grindhouse tone. It was bloody, it was funny and it really made you empathize for the trees… hell, it made me not want to buy a real tree for Christmas. Here is the review courtesy of Horror Society.

The Blair Witch Project: This movie was pretty scary for me when I got in theaters and after seeing it on the big screen, it brought back so many memories and so many times I got scared. I hate little kids laughing and I realized that the acting in this movie was really top notch. Plus, I have a whole new respect for Blair Witch after I know how it was made. We saw the Sundance cut of the movie. I’ll be writing a full review of it later.

Black Christmas: I have always loved this movie, but I loved it even better when I saw it on an original print. It’s a great slasher flick and it really used the element of shock and surprise to its advantage. It makes you sit on the edge and it was such a great cap to the night.

Overall, this was a very fun night and even with the absence of [REC] 2, it was worth it and I had a great time talking to friends and meeting the directors of all these great movies. I’ll be catching next year’s Terror in the Aisles for sure.


Fred Dekker’s signature
Signed: “Thrill me”


The signature of the man who brought the movie to DVD

Yeah, I had a geek moment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I also like how Treevenge includes the Cannibal Holocaust soundtrack. Brilliant.

Hey! Look Behind You! said...

Looks like I missed you yet again! And I'm upset, Santa didn't give me anything :(

the jaded viewer said...

treevenge is up on YouTube. So freakin awesome is treevenge.

Stuart Conover said...

Glad you had a good time, sucks I missed it but we'll meet up next week~

Post a Comment