Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Review - Jurassic Park (1993)




So here is my long awaited video review for my #2 movie of all time. Jurassic Park. I have always loved this movie because it was one of the first movies that I saw in the theaters and one of the first movies that actually scared me when I was a kid. Though it's not a horror movie, it still has some very scary elements; case in point: the scene where Lex and Tim are trapped in the kitchen with the velociraptors. It's easy to see that this scene was inspired by the extremely tense when Ripley and Newt are in that medical room with the facehuggers from Aliens. It's a psychological fear and the absents of music only makes the scene more tense.

There are several other points throughout the movie where it scares the audience and its makes the audience fearful... when Muldoon gets attacked, the infamous eye through the window shot... all of these are extremely scary.

These are some of the reasons why I love this movie to death and why I will never let go of it no matter what.

3 comments:

TheHorrorPress said...

Just finished watching this video, excellent review you really covered it well, you should these more often. You have real talent my friend, hope your taking film next semester as well.

Andre Dumas said...

I think we are the same person. My review of this also stated that I saw it in the theater and have never been so scared in all my life.

Everytime this is on TV I will sit down and watch it, even if I have just seen it the day before. The special effects are still the best I've seen and the raptors are one of the best villians of all time.

ninjamony said...

Awesome review! This is one of my favorite movies!

Post a Comment