Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Slaughter Family - 1994

Well, it’s is that time again… the time of the year where we sit down with the family to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving dinner and carve the turkey. So, this year I present this turkey of a film; The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: New Generation. Oh yes, not only is it unwatchable and damn near stupid the family is also pretty stupid. Now, I only saw it once in my life so I can’t really remember what the family was like but from what I remember, the family was just unappealing. I do remember Matthew McConaughey being a total freak but that’s really all the family has going for it. It says a lot when I can’t even remember what was going on in the film. Very forgettable.

As for Leatherface , I can’t remember if it was a girl or a guy but the mask that he normally wears has been replaced by an entire woman suit. It’s as if Ed Gein replaced Leatherface but was dumb down and he was given no character. I remember laughing when I saw him rather than being scared. What made the last three so memorable and even scary was the fact that Leatherface wore a human mask that was dead, decaying and dirty. It was frightening. This Leatherface was just stupid and laughable but perhaps that was what they were going for.

Family heirloom: McConaughey’s hydraulic leg.

Note: I don’t have any pictures of the leg so bare with me.

With that said, I wish all of you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Be safe and I hope you enjoy this time with your family and friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment