Friday, October 15, 2010

Kids Nike Dunk Hi ‘Jack-O-Lantern’ Sneakers

Until I get my Internet working at a go speed today’s post will be showcasing a special kind of shoe. Those of you who first followed by blog (via Horror Blips) would know that I already voiced my opinion on the Nightmare on Elm Street shoes but this season I want to focus on another type. Nike released a special type of shoe for their Nike Dunk Hi collection that celebrates the wonderful season of Halloween. These dunks use usual Halloween colors of black and orange with Halloween inspired graphics. The upper consist of graphics in orange and black with Jack-o-Lantern visible on the toe box. The front and lace panels both have orange stitching” (Bay Area Kicks).

Much like the Nightmare on Elm Street shoes… I find it interesting to see how popular Halloween has come but in a way it’s also become very corporate. I’m sure most kids would buy the shoe based on it’s looks rather than what the jack-o-lantern stands for. I guess that’s fine but hopefully all this is just a blessing in disguise. Maybe it might peak kid’s interest in what Halloween really is. One this is for sure, the people who started Halloween would have never guessed we would be honoring their ceremonies by imprinting aspects of it on shoes.

Available at Finish Line

0 comments:

Post a Comment