Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Hell is repetition..."



So I finally got my hype fix by watching the critically acclaimed indie movie Triangle, which was very much a mind-fuck of a movie. However, as the film progressed and the story began to unfold I could not help but think of a quote that was taken from an old TV mini series known as Storm of the Century:

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW


“Hell is repetition.”
- Andre Linoge

I absolutely love this quote and I think that it fits well with Triangle even though the two are not even related. I could not imagine being caught in a repetitive nightmare or much less being caught in a situation where no matter what you do, you can’t save the people you love. Though Triangle is a mindbender of a film… the real horror of this thriller is being stuck on a constant record loop.

2 comments:

Andrei said...

I cannot express how much I love this movie. I just couldn't believe how amazing it was and how the hell I found out about it when I first watched it. I'm sure that not everyone is as excited about it as I am, but there's just something about this film that intrigues me to an insane amount.

Anonymous said...

Hell is repetition. That scares the shit out of me. It reminds me of Coven, an season of AHS. Hell is repetition there, and it looks absolutelly frightening.

Post a Comment