Monday, September 20, 2010

They Came From The Video Store

In effort to preserve some of my greatest childhood memories I have decided to create an article that shares some of the most memorable trailers that I came by as a beginner horror fan. A few of these movies I have never seen, and probably never will, but they all meant something that would later help me in the career that I want to go in. As trivial as it may seem, these trailers taught me the importance of video editing and the importance a movie trailer is for the overall film. Certain edit techniques are used in all of these trailers to give the movie a larger than life feel when in actuality they are some of the worst movies made. It taught me that the trailer for a movie is essentially a lie and that was very important if you want to get into the filmmaking business. I look back on these trailers not with hate but with nostalgia and I am sure if I ever do see some of these movies, I’ll have a great time laughing at them. Remember, these trailers came from the video store rental days, so they may see dated.

MILO


ASYLUM OF THE DAMNED


THE DENTIST


THE DENTIST 2


SHADOWBUILDER


WARLOCK 2: THE ARMAGEDDON


LOST VOYAGE


HALLOW'S END


DECOYS


CARNIVORE


CARNIVAL OF SOULS (1998)

0 comments:

Post a Comment